Dinengdeng na bunga ng singkamas o dinengdeng ken sinamapalukan nga bunga ti lingkamas or in English, it can be translated as stewed jicama or yam bean or Mexican turnip fruit.
My all-time favorite dinengdeng, bunga ng singkamas jicama fruit. It’s best when mix it with fresh and young tamarind fruit and saluyot or jutes.
fried fish (espada/bulong unas)
1/2 kg. bunga ng singkamas – cleaned and washed well
1/4 kg. long beans/sitaw – cut into 2 inches long
6 slices of fried “espada” fish
1 bundle of saluyot leaves
8-10 pcs. young tamarind fruits (bunga ng sampalok)
1/4 cup fish bagoong sauce
pinch of magic sarap
2 & 1/2 cups of water
1) Let the water boil then add the bagoong, fish and magic sarap.
2) Add the singkamas and long beans then simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until singkamas becomes tender.
3) Add the saluyot and simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
4) Add the sampalok and simmer for 2-4 minutes.
5) Ready to serve with steamed rice. Enjoy.