Pancit mami or fresh pancit (pancit miki) mami is a version of a soupy pancit recipe. The soup is tasty because of the chicken stock or beef stock depending on your preference 🙂
In the Philippines, there are food carts or stalls where they specialized in pancit mami, arroz caldo or goto. But since there’s no such thing here in US, (I mean the turo-turo which I miss most in my homeland hehe!) I have to prepare and cook pancit mami myself if husband and I crave for it! And I must say that it’s so much better if you cook it yourself because you can make it as tasty as you want because you can put generous amount of chicken or beef unlike what you buy in stalls which are commercialized. 🙂
1 pound or 1/2 kg. fresh pancit (pancit miki) – washed twice
1 pound or 1/2 kg. chicken breast – boiled in 4-6 cups of water for 10-15 minutes, deboned and shredded (reserve chicken stock for mami soup)
1 small sized cabbage – julienne
1 medium sized carrot – julienne
1 medium sized onion – minced
3 cloves garlic – minced
4 boiled eggs – peeled
3 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 stalk onion leaves (spring onion)
2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil for sauteing
1) Saute garlic until light brown. Get the 1/2 of sauteed garlic and set aside for toppings.
2) Continue sauteing by adding the onion and shredded chicken followed by the patis (fish sauce). Saute until chicken starts to turn to light brown.
3) Add the cabbage, carrots and pepper and stir fry for 2-4 minutes.
4) Add the chicken stock and salt then let it boil. Once it boils, add the fresh pancit noodles and boiled eggs and turn off the heat.
5) Ready to serve. Serve hot and add the crispy, fried garlic and spring onion as toppings. Enjoy eating! 🙂
Total servings: up to 6 medium-sized bowl