Macaroni salad is often present in a typical christmas, new year, birthday celebration of Filipinos. I don’t know why but this dessert during special occasions is well-loved by many Filipinos aside from cake and ice cream.
Since I’m one of those who really love this dessert, I also have my own version of it…very creamy and tasty because I really want it that way; I put generous amount of mayonnaise, all purpose cream and cheese.
1 kilogram macaroni pasta
3 cans alaska condensed milk (365 ml)
3 tetra packs nestle all-purpose cream (365 ml)
1 pack ladies choice real mayonnaise (370 ml)
1 box kraft eden cheese
1 can del monte fruit cocktail (medium-sized)
2 packs nata de coco (400 g) – green and red color
1) Boil the 1 kg. pasta for 10 to 15 minutes.
2) Blanch cooked pasta with tap water, then drain it. Also, drain the fruit cocktail and nata de coco.
3) In a mixing bowl combine the macaroni pasta, fruit cocktail, nata de coco, mayonnaise, all purpose cream, condensed milk and grated cheese.
4) Put the mixture in a desired container.
5) Refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
6) Ready to serve. Serve it chilled. Enjoy! 🙂