Agar agar gulaman and fruit cocktail salad as popularly known in the Philippines is an original Filipino dessert that the main component is the agar agar gulaman.
The agar agar is made of seaweeds which is very healthy and delicious. Mix it with fruit cocktail, sweet corn, all purpose cream and condensed milk, chill it in the fridge for 3 hours or more and you have an instant, yummy dessert.
1 pack agar-agar pandan flavor
1 pack clear and unflavored agar-agar
1 500 grams del monte fruit cocktail – drained
1 250 grams whole kernel sweet corn – drained
3 cups all purpose cream
2 cups condensed milk
2 liters water
1) Dissolve the 1 pack of agar-agar buko pandan flavor to the 1 liter of water. Bring to boil and pour it into a rectangular-shaped container or pan. Set aside until it settles.
2) Repeat the first procedure, but this time dissolve the clear and unflavored agar-agar to 1 liter of water.
3) When the 2 flavors of agar-agar or gulaman have settled, scrape (kayurin) the clear agar-agar, drain and set aside. While the agar-agar pandan flavor, slice it into cubes, drain and set aside.
4) In a mixing bowl, pour the all purpose cream and condensed milk and mix well. Add the fruit cocktail, sweet corn, and the agar-agar. Mix until well blended. Put inside the refrigerator and keep it chilled for 5 hours or overnight.
5) Serve it chilled and enjoy.