In 2005, I started working on a web application project for work, to replace an Access database that hosts information of individuals we care for in our organization. At that time, the database was maintained by two employees, who are in-charge of data entry and printing of report for different departments. However, the demand to add more tables and access to the database by various employees grew. We needed to find a better way to manage our information, which led me to start the web application project.
I wasn’t really a web developer but had enough knowledge to build something basic, that is good enough for what we need at that time. I’ve looked at different programming language to build this project and settled with ColdFusion. It was introduced to me by a friend who was a web developer. ColdFusion was easy to learn and is truly for rapid development. Within 3 months time, I was able to build the application and was able to convince our CEO to buy a standard license with the help of our Medical Records Director and Chief Nursing Officer.
The application was able to resolve the issues we were having and was able to help our organization to manage data that we collect and process. This was how I started and got into web development and really got interested in learning more.
I have been trying to update 2 of our computers to Windows 10 – 1903 and I run into this issue where this error shows up at around 50% – 70% of the installation process.
Feature update to windows 10 Version 1903 – error 0xc19001e2
First, I thought it was probably because I needed to install Dell updates. But after the successful installation of drivers and firmware updates and a restart of the computer, I was still getting the same error.
The computer was a Dell OptiPlex 7060 with an Intel Core i5-8500T, 8GB of RAM and an HDD of 500GB.
As a good tech do, I googled the error. There were a lot suggestions out there on how to fix it. After 30 mins of searching and reading through different forums, a post got my attention. The issue was marked solved by uninstalling the Dell Data Security and Dell Encryption. I remembered in a previous task I was working on, that I needed to uninstall the same software to fix a different issue.
After I uninstalled Dell Data Security and Dell Encryption, I was able to successfully update the computers’ OS to Windows 10 – 1903.
Here is the link on How to Uninstall Dell Data Protection Security Tools.
Here is the link of that post https://www.dell.com/community/Latitude/Dell-Latitude-5590-Windows-10-1903-upgrade-Failure/td-p/7315208
I finally got the chance to work on a WordPress project today. Aside from doing routine maintenance, one of my goal for the day is to look for a theme that I can start with, to bring a new look to the site. I saw a new theme released by WordPress and wanted to see how it would look like using this theme. Downloaded the theme, and clicked on customize and live preview wasn’t working. Read more
I just want to share and document the process I’ve done to build up my own LAMP Dev server. I have a project that I need to move to PHP and the first thing I need to do is to build me a LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) server. There are a lot of tutorials out there that discusses the process. References I used to build my server is included at the end of the tutorial.
Vmware Workstation 6.5
Eclipse (Helios Release)
Active ISO Burner 2.1
- Download a copy of Ubuntu Server
The first thing you will need to do is download a copy of ubuntu server at there website http://www.ubuntu.com/server.
Make sure to choose the appropriate version (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are planning to install it on an older machine with Pentium 4 processor make sure to select 32 bit.
After the download, burn the ISO image file into a CD or DVD.
I use Active@ ISO Burner 2.0 for burning ISO image file.
- Install Ubuntu Server
Make sure to change your computers boot order.
- Update Ubuntu
- Install Apache
- Install MySQL
- Install PHP
- Install a Firewall