Chicken pork adobo is just one of my many variations of adobo recipes. I have chicken adobo, pork adobo, chicken gizzard and liver adobo, adobong sitaw (long/string beans), adobong palaka etc. 🙂
Oh yes, that is how I love adobo! Hehe! Not to mention, adobo recipe is a popular dish not only in the Philippines but in some parts of the world. Masarap or delicious or naimas naman talaga kase ang adobo. The twist of my version of chicken pork adobo is that, I deep-fry the chicken meat slices when I have completely cooked the adobo itself. Now, you might say that’s a lot of work but the chicken wings are yummier when deep fried because the chicken skin becomes crunchy. But of course, it’s up to you as a cook if you want to do that extra job, I mean the deep-frying thing. The chicken adobo itself is delicious, I’m just giving you an option that you may want to try. 🙂
Click here for my pork adobo recipe.
Click here for my chicken-gizzard adobo.
Click here for my chicken adobo recipe.
Click here for my adobong sitaw recipe.
Click here for my adobong palaka recipe.
1/2 kg. pork belly or spare ribs
1/2 kilogram chicken wings
2 fingers ginger – crushed
4 cloves garlic – minced
2 medium sized onion
2-3 medium sized potatoes – diced
1 tsp. pepper corn or ground black pepper
2 bay leaves
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar (sugar cane vinegar/sukang iloko)
1 tsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. bread crumbs or crushed fita/ritz crackers
2 cups water
1) Saute garlic, onion, ginger, pork and chicken. Add the pepper, brown sugar and half of the soy sauce and continue sauteing for 8-10 minutes or until meat turns to light brown.
2) Add the water and remaining soy sauce and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
3) Add the potatoes and bay leaves and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4) Add the vinegar and bread crumbs and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
5) Pour the cooked chicken-pork adobo in a bowl. Separate the chicken wings and deep-fry under high medium heat for 2-4 minutes. Put the fried chicken wings in a separate plate.
6) Ready to serve with steamed rice. Enjoy! 🙂