Lumpia wrapper recipe… I come up with this recipe because there are times when I want to make lumpiang shanghai or vegetable lumpia or fresh lumpia and I don’t have lumpia wrapper in the fridge or what I have is not enough to wrap all the mixture I made or cooked.
And I’m glad I tried to experiment making this one (recalling my Home Economics lesson when I was in 3rd year…because we tried making lumpia wrappers back then in that subject haha!) So here are the ingredients and procedure…
3/4 cup cornstarch
3 large eggs
1/2 cup water
1-2 tablespoons of butter or canola/vegetable oil.
1) In a bowl, dilute the cornstarch in a 1/2 cup of water. Set aside.
2) Beat the eggs well or until it bubbles.
3) Add the beaten eggs to the cornstarch mixture and mix well to blend.
4) Heat the 8-inch non-stick skillet under medium low heat, then brush it with butter, just enough to cover the surface of the pan.
5) When pan is ready, pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture but before doing so, give a quick stir to the mixture, making sure it blends.
6) Tip the mixture quickly from one side to another until batter quickly covered the pan.
7) Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until pancake can be lifted easily from the pan.
8) It can make 18-20 wrappers. Have fun cooking! 🙂
Click here for the recipe of my lumpiang shanghai or egg roll.
Click here for the recipe of my vegetable lumpia or lumpia.
Click here for the recipe of my fresh lumpia.
Click here for my recipe of turon or banana roll.
Click here for my recipe of bell-pepper cheese sticks (wrapped in lumpia wrapper)