My chicken tempura is a hit in our kid’s party. Maybe because it’s so easy to eat (considered as finger food) and it’s tasty. Chicken strips are basically marinated in calamansi, garlic, salt and black pepper powder, then rolled in a batter mixture. Try this and your kids will definitely love it too.
1/2 kg. chicken breast – sliced into strips
2 large eggs – beaten
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. calamansi/lemon extract
1 tbsp. garlic – minced
1/2 tsp. black pepper powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs or crushed fita/ritz biscuits
1 cup vegetable/canola oil for frying
1) In a bowl, mix together the chicken, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 2 tsp. salt, soy sauce, calamansi extract, garlic, and black pepper. Marinate for 30-40 minutes.
2) While marinating the chicken, make a batter mixture. Mix the flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. garlic powder to the beaten eggs. Mix well until no solid flour is visible.
3) Drain the marinated chicken strips and add to the batter mixture.
4) Roll the chicken strips on a plate of bread crumbs.
5) Deep fry the chicken strips for 5-8 minutes or until chicken turns to golden brown.
6) For the sauce, mix 3 tbsp. of banana catsup and 3 tbsp. of mayonnaise if desired.
7) Your chicken tempura is ready to serve. Share and enjoy! 🙂