1 kg. chicken (chicken breast, thighs, and legs) – cut into chunks
3 pcs. medium-sized potatoes (sliced into strips)
2 pcs. medium-sized carrots (sliced into strips)
1 pc. red bell pepper (sliced into strips)
1 pc. green bell pepper (sliced into strips)
1 stalk celery (sliced in strips)
4 cloves garlic (crushed and minced)
1 pc. large red onion (sliced finely)
1 large finger of ginger
4 tbsp. patis/fish sauce
3 tbsp. mc cormick curry powder
1 & 1/2 cup coconut milk or evaporated milk
1 tsp. brown sugar
1) Saute garlic until golden brown, followed by the onion, ginger, and chicken. Add the patis or fish sauce and mix once in a while and continue sauteing until the chicken turns light brown.
2) Add the curry powder and mix well until the powder is completely blended with the chicken
3) Add the coconut milk, let it boil, and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
4) Add the potato followed by the carrots, mix, and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
5) Add the bell pepper, celery, and brown sugar and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
6) Taste and add a pinch of salt and brown sugar if desired.
7) Ready to serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!