1 kg. chicken (chicken breast, thighs and legs) – cut into chunks
3 pcs. medium sized potatoes (sliced into strips)
2 pcs. medium sized carrots (sliced into strips)
1 pc. red bell pepper (sliced into strips)
1 pc. green bell pepper (sliced into strips)
1 stalk celery (sliced in strips)
4 cloves garlic (crushed and minced)
1 pc. large red onion (sliced finely)
1 large finger of ginger
4 tbsp. patis/fish sauce
3 tbsp. mc cormick curry powder
1 & 1/2 cup coconut milk or evaporated milk
1 tsp. brown sugar
1) Saute garlic until golden brown, followed by the onion, ginger and chicken. Add the patis or fish sauce and mix once in a while and continue sauteing until chicken turns into light brown.
2) Add the curry powder and mix well until powder is completely blended to the chicken
3) Add the coconut milk, let it boil and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
4) Add the potato followed by the carrots, mix and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
5) Add the bell pepper, celery and brown sugar and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
6) Taste and add a pinch of salt and brown sugar if desired.
7) Ready to serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!