Occasionally I get asked about what app I use or install on my work laptop or smartphone. So here we go, I am putting up a list of apps that I have and use for my work as an IT professional. This list is not a must-have recommendation, I am just sharing what I use and if you are interested you can just simply click the links. If you think I need to add an app to my list please leave a message below.
- Putty (https://www.putty.org/)
- Wireshark (https://www.wireshark.org/)
- Clonezilla (https://clonezilla.org/)
- Advanced IP Scanner (https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/)
- Visual Studio Code (https://code.visualstudio.com/)
- balenaEtcher (https://www.balena.io/etcher)
I use balenaEtcher to create installation media, like Windows 10, Ubuntu, and others.
- TreeSize (https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free?ca=1)
- FileZilla (https://filezilla-project.org/)
- Google Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome/)
I installed the Chromebook Recovery Utility extension, which I use to manage Chromebooks.
- Snipping Tool
- Windows Powershell
Apps on my phone
- 1Password (https://1password.com/)
- Google Authenticator
- Speedtest (https://www.speedtest.net/apps/mobile)
Below are bookmarked web pages of websites that I use.
- Spiceworks Community (https://community.spiceworks.com/)
- Spiceworks IP Lookup (https://community.spiceworks.com/tools/ip-lookup/)
- Wireshark OUI Lookup Tool (https://www.wireshark.org/tools/oui-lookup.html)
- Shodan (https://www.shodan.io/)
- Dell Drivers and Downloads (https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us?app=drivers)
- Speedtest (https://www.speedtest.net/)