Macaroni chicken soup is a delightful food when it’s cold or when there is a heavy rainfall. The hot, creamy soup is just irresistible to eat.
What I love about this dish, macaroni chicken soup is that, it’s so easy to prepare and the ingredients can always be available. I call it macaroni chicken soup simply because, chicken is the main flavor of this soup. Sometimes, I also put beef (macaroni beef soup) instead of chicken or pork if it is the one available or hotdog or sausage tidbits if there are no available meats in the fridge. 🙂
1/2 kilogram macaroni
1/2 kilogram chicken breast
1 can evaporated milk (370 ml)
1/4 cup fish sauce (patis)
1 medium sized carrots – diced finely
2 pieces potato – diced finely
1 stalk celery – sliced finely
1 cup cabbage – sliced finely
2 medium sized onions – minced
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
2 liters water
salt to taste
1) Boil the chicken in a half liter of water for 10 minutes. Set aside the chicken stock then slice the chicken thinly.
2) While boiling the chicken, boil also the macaroni pasta in a separate pot, stirring it once in a while.
3) While the macaroni pasta is boiling, saute the garlic, onion, and chicken then add the half of the fish sauce. Saute until chicken turns into light brown.
4) Add the sauteed chicken, chicken stock and evaporated milk into the boiling macaroni pasta and stir once in a while.
5) Add the potato, carrots and the rest of the fish sauce and continue to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring once in a while.
6) Add the cabbage, celery, pepper and salt to taste, and continue to simmer for 2-4 minutes.
7) Ready to serve. Serve hot and enjoy! 🙂