Perhaps pork menudo is the second most famous Filipino pork dish, second to pork adobo. One of my family’s favorite and this is always present whenever there is a dinner get together in the family. So here’s my version…
1/2 kg. or 1 lb. pork belly – diced
1/4 kg. pork liver – diced
1 large carrot – diced
2 medium sized potatoes – diced
3 pcs. chinese sausage – sliced diagonally
2 medium sized onions – sliced finally
3 cloves garlic – crushed and minced
3/4 cup Filipino style tomato sauce (UFC brand)
1 tbsp. raisins
1 laurel/bay leaf – cut into 2
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. black pepper pwder
1 medium sized bell pepper
1 & 1/2 cup water
1 tbsp. liver spread
1) Saute garlic, onion, pork and liver until pork turns to golden brown.
2) Add the soy sauce, pepper and brown sugar, stir and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
3) Add the water, let it boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
4) Add the chinese sausage, potato and simmer for 3 minutes then add the carrots, bell pepper, tomato sauce, liver spread, raisins, and bay leaf. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Ready to serve with steamed rice. Serve hot and enjoy! 🙂