For the Wrappers
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or cooking oil
For the Filling
- 3 medium sized onion – minced
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 boneless chicken breast – shredded
- 1/4 pound raw shrimp – shelled and sliced into 2
- 2 cups “ubod ng niyog” or “singkamas” (if ubod ng niyog is not available) – julienned
- 1 medium sized carrot – finely julienned
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon patis
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 5 fresh lettuce leaves
For the Wrappers:
- Beat the eggs until frothy. Dilute cornstarch with water and add to beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Place the nonstick pan over medium heat until hot, brush it with 1/4 teaspoon butter or cooking oil. Set the range into medium low heat.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of mixture into the pan. Tilt the pan so the batter covers the entire surface. Cook until pancake can be lifted easily from the pan, about 30-40 seconds. Repeat until mixture is consumed.
For the Filling:
- Saute the onion and garlic for about 40 seconds under medium heat. Add the chicken followed by the patis, and continue sauteing until the chicken turns to light brown or water is reduced. Add the shrimp then stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the ubod ng niyog, carrot and oyster sauce. Stir-fry for 1 minute and cook until vegetables are crispy, about 2 minutes.
- Cut the lettuce in half lengthwise and place a piece of lettuce on wrapper for each lumpia. Put about 1/2 cup filling into the center of wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling, then fold the sides. Place the lumpia in a plate. Repeat this procedure until filling is consumed.
For the Sauce:
- In a bowl with 1 ½ cup of water, add 3 table spoons of cornstarch, 1 table spoon of ground peanut or peanut butter, 1 table spoon of soy sauce, a pinch of salt, 2 table spoon of brown sugar then mix them thoroughly.
- Saute garlic and onion then add the mixture. Stir thoroughly under low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Place the sauce in a desired bowl.
- Ready to serve. Top each lumpia with 2 tablespoons of sauce. Share and enjoy! 🙂