Beef broccoli curry is one of the latest dish I tried and everyone in the family loved it! It’s delicious and healthy with the vegetables included like carrots, bell pepper and broccoli.
For those who have fascination in curried recipes like me, I’m sure you will also love beef broccoli curry. 🙂
1/2 kilogram sirloin strips or beef ribs cut into chunks (in my recipe, I used sirloin that is thinly sliced)
1/2 kilogram broccoli
1 medium sized carrots – sliced like a flower
1 red bell pepper – sliced into strips
20-25 pcs. quail eggs – boiled and peeled
3-4 tablespoons curry powder
3 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
1 cup coconut milk or evaporated milk
1 tablespoon pure honey (if available) or 1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 finger of ginger – crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 medium sized onion – sliced finely
3 cloves garlic – minced
1) Saute garlic, onion, ginger and beef. Add half of the patis and continue sauteing until water evaporates completely.
2) Add the curry powder and mix well to blend. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
3) Add the carrots, bell pepper, quail eggs, honey, black pepper and patis. Mix and simmer for another 2-4 minutes.
4) Add the broccoli, mix and simmer for 2-3 minutes making sure that the broccoli will not be overcooked.
5) Ready to serve with steamed rice. Enjoy! 🙂